18/11/2010

De l'humeur...Just don't touch my record. EVER.

"SHREVIE: I've found my james brown records filed under the J's...instead of the B's! I don't know who told you to alphabatise, but the top it off he's on the rock'n'roll section, instead of the R'n'B section! How can you do that?
BETH: It's too complicated Shrevie...see everytime i pull out a record there this all procedure i have to go through.I just want to here the music, that's all...
SHREVIE: Is it too complicated to just...keep the record in the categories ok? Just put the rock'n'roll in with the rock'n'roll! Put the R'n'B in with the R'n'B! Look, you're not going to put Charlie Parker with the rock'n'roll, would you?
BETH: ...
SHREVIE: Would you???
BETH: I don't know...who is Charlis Parker?
SHREVIE: ... JAZZ! JAZZ! He was the greatest jazz saxophone player that ever lived!
BETH: What are you getting so crazy about? It's just music. It's not that a big deal.
SHREVIE: It...it is! Don't you understand? This is important to me. (...)
Look, take a record ok?
BETH: What?
SHREVIE: Just...pick any record...any record! Ok. What's the hit side?
BETH: "Good Golly Miss Molly"
SHREVIE: Ok, now ask me what's on the flip side.
BETH: Why?
SHREVIE: Just...just ask me what's on the flip side, ok?
BETH: What is on the flip side?
SHREVIE: "Hey Hey Hey Hey" 1958 Specialty Records!
BETH: ...
SHREVIE: See? You don't ask me things like that, do you? No! You never ask me what's on the flip side.
BETH: No! Because I don't give a shit! Shreevie, Who cares about what's on the flip side of a record?!
SHREVIE: I DO! Everyone of my records means something! The label, the producer, the year it was made. Who was copying whose style, who was expanding on that...don't you understand?
BETH: ...
SHREVIE: When I listen to me records, they take me back to certain points in my life...ok?
Just don't touch my records...EVER."

Dinner, 1982

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire